For About and By Caregivers

Subscribe to our bi-monthly publication Today's Caregiver magazine

  + Larger Font | - Smaller Font

CARENOTES | Past Carenotes | Let's Talk


Welcome to CareNotes. In this special section we will feature a reader's letter and provide an opportunity for an interactive exchange that will help find some answers and possible solutions to concerns. If you wish to respond to this letter, simple follow the link provided at the end of the letter and add your comments and thoughts to our CareNotes Board.

This Week's Carenote

I am a personal care assistant and am looking for a way to help one of our residents that live in an apartment. She has macular degeneration and is losing her sight, I need some ideas how to label her stove and microwave so that she is able to use it on her own. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

From by Sandra

Shared by: Christina

I would recommend talking to Easter Seals or an Occupational Therapist to see if they have suggestions. Easter Seals can do an inhome evaluation but it does cost money. Though the patient's doctor you can get a referral to an OT and they can do an evaluation in the home that would be billed as part of insurance.

Shared by: Gloria

I have commented on this question to a caregiver in the recent past. Please speak to her DOCTER not the general public for the answer. He/She is the ONLY person qualified to prescribe a medication.


Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Follow Us on Youtube Follow us on Pinterest Google Plus