For About and By Caregivers

Subscribe to our bi-monthly publication Today's Caregiver magazine

  + Larger Font | - Smaller Font

CARENOTES / Past Carenotes/ Discussion Forum / Let's Talk


Welcome to CareNotes. In this special section we will feature a reader's letter and provide an opportunity for an interactive exchange that will help find some answers and possible solutions to concerns. If you wish to respond to this letter, simple follow the link provided at the end of the letter and add your comments and thoughts to our CareNotes Board.

This Week's Carenote - 10/15/09

I have a 25 year old son who has recently been diagnosed with bipolar and lives in State College PA.  How do I help him find social services available to him?  He would benefit from counseling, and he needs social services for meds.  He has no insurance or job. How do I find help for him or who do I refer him to find help for himself.  The social work maze can be a nightmare to figure out. 

Thank you,


Reply to Letter  |  View Comments  |  Past Carenotes |   Discussion Forum

View Comments

 Name: Bette
Location: Delaware County, PA
Date: 10/15/2009
Time: 06:41 AM


You can locate mental health services through Centre County's Govt. site: I hope this helps!

Date: 10/15/2009
Time: 08:00 AM


Contact the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill in Pennsylvania at 800-223-0500. They also have a free class called Family to Family.


Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Follow Us on Youtube Follow us on Pinterest Google Plus