For About and By Caregivers

Subscribe to our bi-monthly publication Today's Caregiver magazine

  + Larger Font | - Smaller Font

CARENOTES / <Past Carenotes / Discussion Forum / Let's Talk


Welcome to CareNotes. In this special section we will feature a reader's letter and provide an opportunity for an interactive exchange that will help find some answers and possible solutions to concerns. If you wish to respond to this letter, simple follow the link provided at the end of the letter and add your comments and thoughts to our CareNotes Board.

This Week's Carenote - 04/08/09

Last month I had to quit my job to be a caregiver to my spouse due to Alzheimer's, and who is already disabled. I am 58yrs old and 4 years away from my social security. My husband receives disability which now is our only source of income. I can not seem to find the right contact to apply for financial assistance. I did qualify for income for utility assistance for our heat.

Do you know where I need to go to apply for Caregiver's Income assistance?

Is there any help or guidance you can provide to us?

Reply to Letter  |  View Comments  |  Past Carenotes |   Discussion Forum

View Comments

Name: Felix
Location: Florida
Date: 04/08/2009
Time: 08:05 AM


The aarp website has a caregiving section. You don't have to be a member to access resources there. They have local links and phone. Umbers.

Name: Amy
Location: maryland
Date: 04/24/2009
Time: 12:28 AM


The Eldercare Locator. 1800-677-1116. They are a free service of the US Administration on Aging and they help and seniors and their caregivers find resources and assistance in their local communities


Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Follow Us on Youtube Follow us on Pinterest Google Plus